Our areas of expertise and skills
At celduc® transfo we are experts in harsh environments and dual voltage double-winding transformers. Which is why celduc® transfo transformers are used in large-scale photovoltaic projects.
- NOOR IV-BOUJDOUR and NOOR LAAYOUNE, power plants, Morocco
- eLLO thermodynamic power plant, France
Having developed specific expertise in offshore environments, celduc® transfo has become the leading specialist in auxiliary transformers and homopolar generators for offshore wind farms.
- Rentel offshore wind farm, Ostend, Belgium
- Fécamp offshore wind farm (“EOLIENNES OFFSHORE DES HAUTES FALAISES”), France
- Saint-Nazaire offshore wind farm (PARC DU BANC DE GUERANDE), France
- Îles d’Yeu & Noirmoutier offshore wind farm, France
- Dieppe Le Tréport offshore wind farm, France
The flexibility and agility of celduc® transfo‘s organisation allow it to meet the most complex requirements (dimensions, installation in confined spaces, design adjustments) of hydropower facility modernisation and upgrade projects.
- Calypso dam, France
- Roquebillière dam, France
- La Bourélie dam, France
- Le Castet dam, France
GAS-STEAM COMBINED CYCLE POWER PLANTS
celduc® transfo transformers power the rectifier-VFD units for the excitation systems of the world’s largest turbines thanks to the company’s specific expertise in motor load control.
- Pulau Indah power plant, Malaysia
- Tallawarra power plant, Australia
- Dolna Odra power plant, Poland
- Ouargla power plant, Algeria
Control of grid disturbances and robust design explain why celduc® transfo transformers and homopolar generators are used in some of the most technologically advanced grid interconnection projects.
- France-Italy HVDC interconnection
The development of renewable energies, whose production is inherently intermittent, requires the development and use of ever larger-scale energy storage solutions on electricity grids. Bidirectional converters and variable loads: the needs of this fast-expanding sector tie in perfectly with the fields in which celduc® transfo excels.
- Toucan II solar power plant, French Guiana
- Ringo project, France
- Tonga 1 and 2 battery energy storage projects, Polynesia
Railway traction transformers are connected upstream of the overhead lines that power electric trains, underground trains and trams. Control of overheating, motor start cycles, electric shock resistance, technical flexibility: celduc® transfo transformers are in wide use with all the main operators in this sector.
- Paris tramway, lines 6 & 11, France
- RER line B – Ming project, Paris, France
- Lyon-Milan TGV line, France
- Casablanca-Tangiers high-speed rail line, Morocco
ELECTRIFICATION OF INDUSTRIAL PROCESSES
celduc®transfo uses its know-how in motor loads and disturbed networks in a wide variety of industries: metal-working, chemicals, cement production, mining, foundries, etc. The company has been contributing to the decarbonisation of industry for several years – by contributing to the massive transfer from fossil fuels to electricity to power furnaces, pumps, motors, rolling mills, etc.
- Le Mans foundries, France
- Ajax Tocco foundries, USA, Malaysia, Peru
- Sibline cement works, Lebanon
- Cimatfa 1 & 2 cement works, Morocco
- ArcelorMittal foundries, France
- Geismar and Port Allen air separation units, USA
In-depth knowledge of the different shipping regulations and cooling systems suitable for confined spaces (size, vibration, fire safety requirements): celduc® transfo transformers are in wide used on all the oceans for the electric propulsion of large ships.
- Queen Mary II, Crystal Serenity, MSC Preziosa, built by CHANTIERS DE L’ATLANTIQUE, France
- Carnival Liberty, Carnival Freedom, Royal Princess, Costa Pacifica built by FINCANTIERI, Italy
- Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, built by MEYER WERFT, Germany
- Mistral, Tonnerre, Dixmude, built by CHANTIERS DE L’ATLANTIQUE, France
TRANSFORMERS IN HAZARDOUS AREAS
celduc® transfo is the world’s leading specialist in transformers for explosive areas (ATEX-IECEx) and over its history it has developed design modes specific to the different levels of protection required by the applicable standards according to zone, voltage level, supervision equipment, etc. These transformers are therefore widely used for motor control applications (pumps and compressors) or for general power supply applications in offshore gas and oil facilities, refineries or on onshore extraction sites.
- Akpo, FPSO, Nigeria
- Moho Bilondo, FPSO, Congo
- Girri, FPSO, Angola
- Sonahess, onshore gas, Algeria
- Ichthys, offshore gas, Australia
- Feyzin, refinery, France